Sunday 19 June 2016

one picture in the style of another

Rather than just looking at others’ work, I’ve been playing around with the “one picture in the style of another”, using the software available online at authors’ website.

I’ve been systematically trying pictures, each in the style of all the others, to come up with an interesting set.  I got the following:

(click to embiggen)
The four original pictures are each a 500 500 pixel portion of: Hokusai’s The Great Wave, van Gogh’s The Starry Night, da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, and a woodland scene I photographed at Wai-O-Tapu in New Zealand.

The leading diagonal shows the original pictures.  Each row shows one original in the style of all the other pictures; each column shows all the pictures in the style of one original.

I think I like the “in the style of the Great Wave” column best, but they are all interesting and nice to look at, especially the twiggy Mona Lisa.

Hours of harmless fun available…

No comments:

Post a Comment