Wednesday 2 September 2015

so this is what winter looks like

Wednesday lunchtime at the UCNC conference in Auckland, and the rain isn’t that heavy.  So I crossed over the road to Albert Park to have a stroll around during the lunch break.  I did have to dodge into the band rotunda during a typical, and typically short, shower: a downpour that lasted less than a minute.

I have to keep reminding myself that it is winter (going on spring, but still pre-equinox).  This outing didn’t help.

a magnificent magnolia tree
closeup of one of the flowers
There were a couple of interesting trees near the entrance (I believe they are Moreton Bay figs, Ficus macrophylla).  They look relatively ordinary from a distance:


But close up, their trunks are magnificent:





Eat your heart out, L-systems!

No comments:

Post a Comment