Monday 26 June 2023

view from a hotel window, and other places

My total journey to St John's Newfoundland took 13 hours: an eight hour flight from Heathrow to Toronto, a two hour layover, and then a three hour flight directly back the way I had just come, to St John's.  Pre Covid, I could have caught a direct five hour flight from London.

So I arrived in St John's late last night, with no photo opportunities.  This morning, this is the view that greeted me when I looked out the window:

I am here for a small workshop on Time, Life, and Self Reference.  I am one of the co-organisers, so I arrived a day early, to discuss plans with the other organisers.  Then we went for a walk, first to the workshop venue (so I would know how to find it), and then to admire some of the local scenery.

view over The Narrows, the entrance to St John's harbour

further glorious countryside




No comments:

Post a Comment