Sunday 16 June 2024

view from a hotel window

We arrived in Seoul yesterday, after a 12hr overnight flight from Heathrow, ready to head off to Pohang this afternoon for the UCNC conference.  It was a one hour metro ride from the airport to Seoul Station, then a short walk to a nearby hotel.

The view from my hotel room window this morning:

view from the hotel back towards Seoul Stations

This was not the same hotel room as I was given when I arrived.  

keycard promises

I'm not sure how rock stars sleep, but I bet it isn't being woken up at 1:30am by an alarm going off in a locked cupboard in the room, having the desk manager come up and switch it off, with assurances the problem was fixed, then having the alarm go off again 10 minutes later, having a different desk manager come up, and then being moved to a different room.  Which was then fine.

Ah, well.  We are off now to the station, for the 2.5hr journey by "bullet train" to Pohang.


No comments:

Post a Comment