Tuesday 27 February 2024

view from a hotel window

I arrived in Dublin yesterday evening, ready for a two-day research project meeting.  The hotel room has an ... interesting ... layout.

Which way round are you supposed to sleep?

The bed takes up the entire end of the room.  The "wardrobe" is three coat hangers on the wall.  There is a perfectly normal en suite next to where I'm standing to take the photo.  The two wall switches by the bed raise and lower the blinds on the window.

I slept across the bed, so I didn't have to scramble across it (except to grab a pillow), and could have my phone (aka alarm clock) by my head.  It was perfectly comfortable.

What's outside the window?  In the morning light, I could see out (after scrambling across the bed again):

a view into an office block

Now off to hear about progress on our interdisciplinary computational synthetic biology project.



No comments:

Post a Comment