Sunday 5 April 2020

Bach, the Universe & Everything

I was supposed to be in London today, giving a talk about Can a Bacterium Compute at the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightement’s “Bach, the Universe and Everything” event.

However, *gestures vaguely at world*.

The guys in charge organised a virtual event instead.  I recorded my talk, which was a quite straightforward process, just requiring a webcam, a stepladder and a tripod.  More impressively, the orchestra performed remotely, and individually.  I assume each part was recorded separately, then mixed together for the broadcast performance.  I rather like the montage of individual performers: you can see who is doing what, very interesting.


With the power of the web, you too can indulge in this virtual event, timeslipped from its original release.  This might even reach more people than the planned live event would have.



No comments:

Post a Comment