Thursday 11 March 2021

Covid-19 diary: phone call

Just before 4pm today I got a phone call from my GP’s office, inviting me to book a vaccination.  I now have an appointment for Saturday to get an AstraZenica jab.

I have been told by a friend that essentially everyone who has the AZ jab gets flu-like symptoms.  My other half got his jab two weeks ago, spent the next day huddled miserably in a blanket, but was fine after that.  I’ll soon find out if I react the same way.

Beats the alternative, though!

Having spent a year quite happily working from home, and not having been ill with any colds caught off colleagues and students, I thought I was inured to lockdowns and whatnot.  So I am somewhat surprised at just how relieved I feel to have this appointment.



No comments:

Post a Comment