Thursday 6 May 2021

two total eclipses

I’ve posted before about the Dr Who resonances the song Total Eclipse of the Heart has for me.  It seems to be a favourite for mashups in many genres.  Today I come across two new examples -- each excellent in their own very different ways.

First, The Marsh family do their own Covid-inspired rendition of “Totally Fixed Where We Are”: brilliant lyrics, smashing singing, and inspired interpretive dance.  Clearly a very talented family:




Then there’s this Star Trek inspired one, which is ... different.  Now, I know that the term “slash” as in “slash fiction” comes from “Kirk/Spock” fanfic (say it out loud).  But I didn’t know “Spirk” was a synonym for the latter.  Until I saw the hysterically funny “Total Eclipse of Spirk”, complete with musical accompiament by The Squire of Gothos.


As well as the Squire scenes, I also recognised a clip from Amok Time.  The others are a bit more generic, but, frankly, I don’t remember Spock emoting quite that much! 


No comments:

Post a Comment