Tuesday 24 October 2023

view from a hotel window

I flew in to Hanover today, for NNPC 2023, the second international conference on Neuromorphic, Natural and Physical Computing.  The first conference, which had a different name but the same concept and venue, was back in December 2018.  (There wasn't supposed to be a five-year gap between them, but the one initially planned for 2020 never happened; I wonder why?)

This time I am in a more central hotel, directly opposite the rail station.

all the windows have boxes of these little pink flowers; I think they are Calluna

What's with the small duvets?  I've seen this style before.

I asked colleagues about this at the welcome social event this evening.  Apparently, in Germany each person gets their own single duvet, even with a double bed.  And if there's only one of you, you still get a single duvet.  Warm and fluffy, with icy draughts round the edges.  

The conference starts tomorrow at 9am, and I'm looking forward to it.  But first, to bed. I've anchored one side of the duvet with the large pillows. Let's see if it stays put.


No comments:

Post a Comment