Saturday 27 November 2021

Covid-19 diary: boosted!

I got my booster jab today, along with a flu jab.  It was again an efficient conveyor belt approach, with stations providing stickers and checking names, socially distanced queueing, and medical history questioning.

I had the Pfizer jab this time, in my left arm, and the flu jab in my right arm.  I was delighted to learn I was getting a “young person’s flu jab” – because I'm under 65.  I don’t know if this means it was a different jab, or just recorded differently; I suspect the latter.

The Pfizer leaflet had some interesting information about side effects.  Apparently very common side effects of the Pfizer jab (may affect more than 1 in 10) include headache, joint pain, and diarrhoea, common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10) include nausea and vomiting, whereas uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100) include “feeling unwell”.  I am pleased to discover that if I get headache, joint pain, diarrhoea, nausea or vomiting, at least I won’t “feel unwell”.

No comments:

Post a Comment