Sunday 17 July 2016

a second Brexit riposte roundup

Here are my Google+ posts on the Brexit fallout I made over the couple of weeks I was away at conferences.

Brexit was a con : Referendum information: 1293 words on Brexit, v 670 pages for Scottish Independence.  "An informed electorate" my hat.

Professor A C Grayling’s letter to all 650 MPs urging Parliament not to support a motion to trigger Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, 1 July 2016.  Well said.

"Cat, what's your opinion on the UK leaving the EU?"  Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Boris Johnson made foreign secretary by Theresa May.  WTF?!  I've been having this really surreal dream for about 3 weeks now.  It's worse than Alice in Wonderland, the bizarre things that keep happening.  I'd like to wake up, now, please.

Everything you need to know about Theresa May’s Brexit nightmare in five minutes.  It's even worse than I thought:
You mean we can't negotiate any trade deals, inside or outside the EU, while the two-year Article 50 process is ongoing?
Exactly. Actually, it's against the law for EU member states (we'd still be an EU member state until the end of the two-year process) to conduct bilateral trade negotiations with other member states or countries.



For all my social networking posts, see my Google+ page

No comments:

Post a Comment